The Space Shuttle is probably the most sought after and prized item in the game of Space Agency.
It looks like a NASA space shuttle (hence its name), and has a docking port on its port side near the cockpit. It can carry eight units of cargo, of which at least one must be taken up by a Battery.
Despite being based on the real-life space shuttle, which can be re-entered, it cannot yet be landed on HOM as of version 1.9.1 because, as the game states in Mission 30, its re-entry heat shield was damaged by a micrometeorite collision.
Andy Barry, who is currently the main developer of Space Agency, says he has plans to add the space shuttle into the game as a fully usable part, and it will be able to be launched and re-entered, as well as carry payloads.
- In version 1.7.0, a second shuttle with fuel and fully-charged batteries could be found at coordinates X: -99 Y: -99, after completing Mission 32. This was removed in version 1.8.0.
- The only current way to add additional shuttles to a sandbox is by modifying the saved sandbox file.
- The Shuttle's name is "Nooleus", with the NASA logo on the shuttle replaced by the Nooleus logo.
- Trying to land the Shuttle on HOM is impossible, thus, it always fails, like what happened to shuttles Columbia and Challenger.
- It looks like the Space Shuttle Endeavour.
- The Space Shuttles do not ferry cargo to the ISS today as the program has been retired. However, Endeavour is still functional, and kept at a museum in California.