The Space Shuttle is probably the most sought after and prized item in the game of Space Agency.
It looks like a NASA space shuttle (hence its name), and has a docking port on its port side near the cockpit. It can carry eight units of cargo, of which at least one must be taken up by a Battery.
Despite being based on the real-life space shuttle, which can be re-entered, it cannot yet be landed on HOM as of version 1.9.1 because, as the game states in Mission 30, its re-entry heat shield was damaged by a micrometeorite collision.
Andy Barry, who is currently the main developer of Space Agency, says he has plans to add the space shuttle into the game as a fully usable part, and it will be able to be launched and re-entered, as well as carry payloads.
The reason why we cannot launch nor reenter is because when launching it would have on its side but then we wouldn't be able to dock anything with it.But when reentering it would again have to be on its side view. Since this is a 2D game it wouldn't work.
- In version 1.7.0, a second shuttle with fuel and fully-charged batteries could be found at coordinates X: -99 Y: -99, after completing Mission 32. This was removed in version 1.8.0.
- The only current way to add additional shuttles to a sandbox is by modifying the saved sandbox file.
- The Shuttle's name is "Nooleus", with the NASA logo on the shuttle replaced by the Nooleus logo.
- Trying to land the Shuttle on HOM is impossible, thus, it always fails, like what happened to shuttles Columbia and Challenger.
- It looks like the Space Shuttle Endeavour.
- The Space Shuttles do not ferry cargo to the ISS today as the program has been retired. However, Endeavour is still functional, and kept at a museum in California.