Mission 30, named Shuttle Rescue, is one of the missions and the former last mission in Space Agency. After a micrometeorite hit the Space Shuttle and has been left adrift nearly 4,000 NaviComp units from HOM, the player's task is to rescue the crippled Shuttle, replace its batteries, refuel the shuttle, return it to STA and dock it to the Oxygen Garden.
A good strategy is to fly to Y:1920, then fly to X:635, or to just hut a direction that is near the purple planet.
|Gold||< $60,000,000||< 35m||No|
|Silver||< $100,000,000||< 40m||No|
|Bronze||< $150,000,000||< 60m||No|
- Dock the Shuttle to the Oxygen Garden
- There are no checkpoints on this mission, so if you do anything wrong, you have to restart the entire mission. It is currently unknown why there are no checkpoints in this mission.
- It and the Tutorials are the only missions that lack checkpoints.
- Leave the refuel/resupply craft (preferably a Station Builder Tug) docked on the shuttle until its fuel has been completely depleted.
- The Shuttle is also moving slowly further from SOL, so if you take too long in attempting to rescue the Shuttle, the Shuttle may go too far from its original coordinates.
- A small collision with the damaged Shuttle on the left side may reduce its rotation.
- If you can't find the Shuttle, unzoom and drag to corner of the screen. You can see a distance of approximately 160 NaviComp units horizontally and 190 vertically.
- If you run out of fuel from your first refuel craft, you can stop the shuttle and put a waypoint at its position. Then, you can use your remaining money to send another refuel craft to that waypoint.
- Build the rocket as it follows:
The Agency’s only Space Shuttle has been struck by a micrometeorite while on a routine scientific mission. It has been left drifting in space with no power and no fuel. It’s last known NaviComp coordinates were:
It needs rescuing urgently! Launch a mission to take replacement batteries and fuel to the stricken Shuttle. Once you have located it, transfer the batteries and fuel to it. Then, power-on its electrical systems and its NaviComp. We believe that the shuttles heat shield was also damaged by the collision. Therefore, re-entry is impossible.
Fly the damaged Shuttle to the Space Station (STA), and dock it with the recently installed Oxygen Garden module. Hopefully the heat shield can be repaired at the station and the Shuttle can be returned to HOM in a future mission.
- The Ariane 6 pack is unlocked after completing this mission.
- It used to be the final mission of the game until Version 1.7.0 came out, when it was surpassed by Mission 32, which in turn was surpassed by missions 34, 35, and 37.
|Tutorials||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11|
|Career (list)||Mission 1 • Mission 2 • Mission 3 • Mission 4 • Mission 5 • Mission 6 • Mission 7 • Mission 8|
Mission 9 • Mission 10 • Mission 11 • Mission 12 • Mission 13 • Mission 14 • Mission 15
Mission 16 • Mission 17 • Mission 18 • Mission 19 • Mission 20 • Mission 21 • Mission 22
Mission 23 • Mission 24 • Mission 25 • Mission 26 • Mission 27 • Mission 28 • Mission 29
Mission 30 • Mission 31 • Mission 32 • Mission 33 • Mission 34 • Mission 35 • Mission 36