A walkthrough can be found here.
|Gold||< $7,000,000||< 2m 30s||No|
|Silver||< $10,000,000||< 4m 10s||Yes|
|Bronze||< $15,000,000||< 10m||Yes|
- Dock with the runaway module
- Destroy the runaway module
- Budget: $15,000,000
- Max time: 10m
This mission can best be completed by using a Titan rocket, using the Titan II 1st Stage, a Connector Small to Small, a Titan II 2nd Stage, an Explosive Module as the payload, and a Fairing Aero. Launch the rocket, and in the first orbit (second works as well, but third is too late) use main engine in the second stage to exit orbit on course with STA. Next detach the Explosive Module and invert (turn around), zoom out and you should see the resupply module, if the red line is touching it or within a centimeter of it then use thrusters to go to the side. Once about the same location as resupply module, start using forward thrusters to match its velocity. Once velocity is matched, get directly in front of the docking port, use thrusters to dock, then explode the module. This should net a Gold Award for the mission if you didn't use checkpoints.
Also you can switch to module and put fuel and air out, so it wil brake and even move back, making destroyng it easier.
A Delta II 2nd Stage can also be used instead of the Titan II 2nd Stage to save the Explosive module's thruster propellant, as seen in the demo movie.
- This mission unlocks the SLS Parts for use in the Sandbox.
- All you really have to do is dock an Explosive Module to the runaway module and have it be destroyed somehow.
- Because of this, the carbon dioxide scrubbers on station STA are depleted and another mission is required to re-deliver the scrubbers.
- When a player manages to successfully dock with and destroy the runaway module, there are times on which he/she will not complete this mission.
- The runaway module's speed is far slower than the speed required to leave orbit (red), but nonethless has that speed so as in order to make the mission easier to complete.
|Tutorials||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11|
|Career (list)||Mission 1 • Mission 2 • Mission 3 • Mission 4 • Mission 5 • Mission 6 • Mission 7 • Mission 8|
Mission 9 • Mission 10 • Mission 11 • Mission 12 • Mission 13 • Mission 14 • Mission 15
Mission 16 • Mission 17 • Mission 18 • Mission 19 • Mission 20 • Mission 21 • Mission 22
Mission 23 • Mission 24 • Mission 25 • Mission 26 • Mission 27 • Mission 28 • Mission 29
Mission 30 • Mission 31 • Mission 32 • Mission 33 • Mission 34 • Mission 35 • Mission 36