Mission 18, named Atmospheric Probe, is your first encounter with GRN (or the Green planet). You'll need to put a Survey Satellite into orbit around the planet on one ship, then enter an Atmospheric Probe into/onto the atmosphere. The antenna on the satellite must face the surface of the planet, and the probe's antenna should face space in order to send the data from the probe gathered during the atmospheric entry.
These 2 ships should be launched relatively quickly to each other in order to complete the mission in time.
- It is advised to use a powerful medium-sized rocket or a Long March rocket to deliver the atmospheric probe and the survey satellite separately, because of their weight. Multiple Payload Launch Systems can also be used to cut time.
|Gold||< $25,000,000||< 12m||No|
|Silver||< $80,000,000||< 15m||Yes|
|Bronze||< $100,000,000||< 20m||Yes|
- Put a Survey Satellite into orbit around GRN
- Point the dish antenna towards the planet
- Put the Atmospheric Probe into orbit around GRN
- Re-enter the Atmospheric Probe
- Upload scientific data to the orbiting satellite
- Budget: $100,000,000
- Max time: 20m