|Has solid surface||No|
|Can be landed on||No|
|Can be splashed-down on||Yes|
The Gold planet, or GOL on the NaviComp, is the largest planet in the game. It has a deep, golden-colored atmosphere, and atmospheric entry is difficult due to the depth of the atmosphere and size of the planet, but still possible. Successful entry will result in a splash-down into a gray ocean. The planet seems to have on sudden atmosphere cutoff, like HOM. GOL, along with ENC and PUR (not counting fuel-saving techniques), are the only planets not officially visited by a Career Mission.
From GOL (+19) you can only reach BLU (755).
- GOL's atmosphere is the thickest among all of the planets.
- GOL is the only planet located in the bottom left quadrant.
- GOL seems to be the game's analogue of Jupiter.
- A geometric positioning experiment conducted by 2020dragons revealed that GOL's radius is 9 NaviComp units (excluding the atmosphere) and not 4.5 as originally reported.
- Studies by the 3AP agency's probe GOLEx, which used pixel movement to measure the rotation of GOL's atmosphere, suggest that the planet rotates in a clockwise direction, and rotates fast.
- The probe recently carried out Length of Day studies on GOL and based on a circumference of roughly 18.9 units, it is believe that GOL's rotation is roughly 19 seconds.
|Planets||BLU • PUR • KAT • GOL • HOM • EMA • JOR • LUN • GRN • RED • YEL • ENC|
|STA • MSS • ADS|