Destruction is a game mechanic in Space Agency that depict parts being destroyed, resulting in the disappearance of the part from the universe it was in. There are two missions requiring part destruction, which are Missions 7 and 22, whose targets are an enemy spy satellite and a faulty Resupply Module Dockable respectively. Because of the nature of explosions, they are a huge threat to entire space stations, so it's best to save often while building one in Sandbox.
There are a variety of events that can destroy parts:
- Parts rotating too fast in space.
- Overheating for too long.
- Another part attached to it has exploded 1/3 seconds before.
- Pressing the DESTRUCT button.
- Impacting objects or planets at a too high velocity.
- Some modules can self destruct when out of both fuels and not attached to a fuel source.